Located in building 451
Kadena DSN • 634-1502
Hours of Operation
Monday – Wednesday • 10 am – 8 pm
Thursday – Sunday • 10 am – 6 pm
Go on a literary adventure, learn a new skill with one our e-resources, or stop by book club!
The library always has something new for you to enjoy. Keep an eye on the Venture page so you know what free program is featured this month. We have a huge selection of fiction and nonfiction works for all ages in addition to computerized catalogs for easy reference. You can also get a head start on tutoring, studying or homeschooling with our multitude of educational materials including online databases, CDs and DVDs, video and audio disks, periodicals and books.
We have study areas and computers to work on. Parents and children will enjoy our children’s room filled to the brim with age-appropriate books.
Also home to:
• Free internet service and Wi-Fi
• Free delivery for inter-library loan requests
• Free books on our swap shelf.
• Youth, Teen, and Adult Programs
• Video and DVD checkouts with no rental or late fees
• Learning databases such as EBSCO Host and GALE
• E-books for Kindles, e-readers and more!
• Only one account is created per family. Accounts are created in the sponsor’s name.
• A valid e-mail address must be provided at the time of registration. Overdue notices and other correspondence will be sent via e-mail.
• Library items must be returned by the stated due date or overdue notices will be sent to the sponsor’s First Sergeant. Borrowing privileges will be suspended if materials are overdue 30 days or more.
• DVDs may not be renewed, but all other items may be renewed once.
Okinawa Military Community Writers
Alternating Saturdays • 10:30 am
Ages 18 & up
Meet with other writers in the community to discuss writing, get feedback on your projects, and improve your skills .
Buy, Borrow, Bypass Book Club
3rd Wednesday • 6:30 pm
Ages 18 & up
Pick a book you want to read based on our monthly themes and come discuss whether you would recommend buying, borrowing, or bypassing it! See themes for the upcoming months below!
• May : In the Night Sky: Fact or Fiction About Space
• June : Graphic Novels
• July: Books Other People Made Me Read
Wednesdays • 10:30 am
Ages 3 – 5
Listen to stories, flannelboard stories, finger plays, songs and participate in other activities to promote a love of books, reading and language.
First Saturday of the month • 10 am
Explore, learn, and play with different STEM items provided by the library. This drop-in program is the perfect educational weekend activity, so make sure to stop by!
The Kadena Base Library offers many different online resources that are free to use. For in-depth information on each resource available please look over the links below. For information on how to access these resources please come by the library!
Resources for Children and Youth
Fun & free resources including Nation Geographic Kids and Tutor.com that will help make learning more fun!
Resources for Downloadable and Streaming Media
Watch high-quality features & web series from different countries or settle in for a cozy night with an audiobook with these resources!
Resources for Education
Make your learning experience stress free with these resources which can assist with research, tutoring, or even provide independent learning opportunities!
Resources for Language and Culture
In the military community there are few things more important than learning about the culture and language around you. Help feel more at home in Okinawa or prepare for a future PCS with these resources!
Resources for Mission Support
These resources are critical for federal employees! Check out the Air Force Chief of Staff Reading List or dive into expert analysis in international affairs with Stratfor. There are so many resources available to support your mission.
Resources for News and Reference
It can be easy to feel left out of current events when living overseas, these resources help you stay up to date with the latest happenings around the world!
Resources for Special Interests
Are you in to art or music? Maybe you love to work on engines or are curious about your genealogy? These resources can help support whatever your special interest may be, so make sure to check them out!